Ya’akov use angels to run an
errand to Eisav?
Ya’akov’s message to Eisav?
really consider Eisav to be
not send greetings to
Eisav until now?
afraid that he might
Ya’akov be so confident that
one camp would escape?
afraid that Eisav
might harm his wives and children?
did Ya’akov use to
guarantee that Hashem Himself would save him from Eisav?
tithe the animals
before he gave them to Eisav as a gift?
- Question 10 not yet translated If
Ya’akov was sure that Eisav would accept his gift, why was he in doubt
whether Eisav would be favorable towards him?
- Question 11 not yet translated Why
did Ya’akov sleep that night inside the camp?
- Question 12 not yet translated Why
did Ya’akov pass over the river by himself initially?
- Question 13 not yet translated How
do we see from Ya’akov’s victory over the angel that his merit was very
- Question 14 not yet translated Since
Ya’akov had seen angels many times before now, what was so remarkable
about this encounter that caused him to name the place after the event?
drew near to whom?
Eisav apparently asked about both the women and the children, why did
Ya’akov reply only about the children?
did Ya’akov name the place after the structures that he built for his
- Question 18 not yet translated Why
did Ya’akov need to reacquire Shechem?
- Question 19 not yet translated How
do we see that Dinah remained righteous even under adverse
- Question 20 not yet translated How
did Shechem’s attitude towards Dinah change after he had slept with her?
- Question 21 not yet translated Why
did Chamor who was a king come to Ya’akov instead of calling him to
come to him?
- Question 22 not yet translated In
what way did the sons of Ya’akov deceive Shechem and Chamor?
- Question 23 not yet translated How
does Shechem’s agreeing to undergo circumcision show how important
Ya’akov was in his eyes?
- Question 24 not yet translated Why
did Ya’akov build an altar for a different reason from that which
Hashem had instructed him?
- Question 25 not yet translated What
did the midwife think that Rachel was afraid of?
- Question 26 not yet translated Why
did Reuven interfer with his father’s sleeping arrangements only once
they reached Eretz Yisrael?